Monday, April 30, 2012

Strawberry Peppermint Foot Scrub: Spring Treat for Your Feet


I confess, when I'm home I am usually shoeless. And living in South Texas, 90% of the year I am in sandals. My feet get dry and calloused. After a couple of annoying nights dealing with dry itchy feet I set out to find a natural foot scrub I could make at home and came across this wonderful recipe just perfect for spring strawberry season, and it makes just the right amount I'll use up before it goes bad. Strawberries are rich in alpha-hydroxy acid which helps get rid of dead skin cells. Peppermint cools and soothes the skin with a pleasant tingle. This scrub smells delicious and is a great way to get your feet summer ready.

Strawberry Peppermint Foot Scrub

2 Pureed Strawberries
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Almond oil
2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
4-6 drops Peppermint oil

Mix together in a small bowl or other container.Apply generously to feet and massage in a circular motion.Rinse well, towel dry, and for added softness apply your favorite foot lotion and slip into your most comfortable pair of socks for the night. Refrigerate any left over scrub in a tightly sealed container.

Bonus Recipe:

Lavender Peppermint Foot Scrub

1/2 cup Sea salt
5 drops Peppermint oil
5 drops Lavender oil
1/4 cup Almond oil
1 tsp Vitamin E oil (optional)

Mix together and apply as above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment