Saturday, June 18, 2016

Chocolate Banana Protein Pudding for One


Crossfit has had the positive effect of really focusing me on my diet and healthy eating. It's a lifestyle change that was easy for me to make, since organic and healthy were already at the top of my list of priorities, but I did need to fine tune things a bit. Like increasing my protein intake and decreasing added sugar, which is a big deal with my sweet tooth. But I was dismayed that while crossfit encourages clean eating, most of the protein powders on the market were anything but clean. The first protein powder I tried had a significant amount of added vitamins and a warning on the side that it wasn't intended for children. Well, if it was bad for a child, was it really all that healthy for me? I know that the added vitamins were at a higher dose than what a child should take, but did I really want to be adding synthetic vitamins to my body? Plus, it left a vitamin aftertaste in my mouth that I really didn't enjoy.

I found a pea based protein powder that was close to what I was looking for, but it had carrageenan in it, which can cause gastrointestinal distress and has become a very controversial ingredient. I also tried hemp powder, which is too gritty for my taste in smoothies. I will still use it as an additive to baked goods and pancakes, but I'm not sold on it for regular use. I finally settled on Juice Plus Complete after a friend gave me samples and enthusiastically shared her love of the product with me. In fact, so sold was I on Juice Plus Complete, I jumped on board as a distributor. If you would like to learn more about Juice Plus and the products they offer, click here. If you would like to become a part of our team, contact me and I'd be glad to give you more information. If you are serious about health, it is a great company to be a part of.



While I mainly use Juice Plus Complete in protein shakes, pre and post workout, sometimes I want something a little different. I came up with this yummy single serving sized pudding as an option to my usual shake. It also satisfies my craving for something sweet. It is easy and quick to make ahead for a grab and go snack. It is also healthy to share with your kid, making it harder to say no when they catch you eating something yummy and ask you for a bite. You may have to go into hiding when eating it, or make up a double batch to share.


Chocolate Banana Protein Pudding for One

  • One ripe banana
  • 1 TBSP chocolate nut butter
  • 1 scoop Dutch Chocolate Complete Protein Powder
  • cacao nibs, unsweetened shredded coconut, walnut or pecan pieces
Mash banana with a fork until smooth. Stir in nut butter. Slowly add in protein powder until mixed thoroughly. May also use a food processor to mix ingredients together until smooth. Spoon into serving dish and top with cacao nibs, shredded coconut, and/or nuts. Refrigerate until cold or eat at room temperature, depending on your preference and patience level. 

Variation: use almond butter and vanilla complete instead, for a banana protein pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment