Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Healthy Homemade Mango Popcicles


I must confess. I have a sugar addiction. My weaknesses are my morning cup of coffee (which I like strong, creamy, and sweet), chocolate, and ice cream. I am trying to find healthier sweets, sticking to dark chocolate and avoiding the ice cream isle at the grocery store (especially when I have a coupon for a dollar off a pint of Haagen Dazs ). Spring brought a renewed desire to get in shape, eat healthier, and gain more energy, so I have been on the lookout for healthier ways to indulge my sweet tooth. I just need to find a way to adjust to less sugar in my morning cup of coffee. Ugh. Or give it up altogether.

It's not just my sweet tooth I'm worried about. Little man can have a melt down over sugar cravings. I really don't allow him to have a lot of sugary foods and soda doesn't even enter the house, but he still prefers sugary breakfasts and asks for desert if I don't offer one. Like most kids, his eyes light up when he sees candy.

In an effort to satisfy our sweet tooth and eat healthier, I made a batch of yummy mango popcicles. With summer around the corner I think I will be making these regularly. Mango popcicles are a great way to beat the south Texas heat. They are also super easy to make. The popcicles are a hit with the boys. Mr. Sweet Tooth himself asked if he could have a second one.

Mango Popcicles


  • 6 cups slightly thawed frozen mango pieces
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp orange juice
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Blend ingredients together until smooth. Pour into popcicle molds and freeze.

That's it! Easy peasy. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze. 



No comments:

Post a Comment