Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easy DIY Bird Bath

I've been wanting a birdbath in my garden for, well, it seems like forever. Before becoming a single mom, my husband would grumble about the standing water being a breeding ground for mosquitoes, though I don't think water stays in those things long enough for it to become a problem. Somehow the seasons passed and I never got my birdbath. A year or so ago I saw a simple do it yourself birdbath in Family Fun magazine and knew I had to make it. I've since seen it posted on Pinterest. It is super easy and inexpensive. Here is my version:

I have it suspended from one of my Dad's shepherd's hooks. My Dad is a blacksmith. It is really cool to have something he made in my garden.

As you can see, it is super easy and uses things you may already have around the house. I found the wreath at the thrift store and the clay flowerpot saucer at Lowe's. I already had the jute twine on hand, I just wish it was a darker color. The birds had been drinking out of the dog's water bowl, so I was delighted when they started using the birdbath.The little sparrows especially seem to enjoy it.

Here is the original link to the Family Fun article, if you'd like to check it out and get more detailed instructions on how to make: Easy Wreath Birdbath

No comments:

Post a Comment